Avast is a global tech giant and is known for dealing in various kinds of utility software. It is popular mainly due to its security software programs. It offers both free and paid antiviruses that are even praised by some of the major independent testing labs. So now, you might be thinking rather than going with a paid antivirus why don’t you choose the free one.
Well, free Avast antivirus is nice, however, there are some features that are included only in the paid Avast Antivirus. Through this Avast Free vs Paid review, we will highlight those features for knowing the difference between Avast Free and Paid. So, before moving towards the Avast Free vs Pro comparison of features, let’s know between free and pro, what antivirus a user should choose.
Avast Paid vs Free: Which one should you choose?
If you don’t have much time to read this full comparison, then we would like to give you one suggestion regarding which antivirus you should choose between Avast Pro vs Free.
If you want just basic malware or ransomware protection, then it is suggested to download the Avast Free Antivirus rather than waste money on Avast Premium Security. However, if you want some advanced level of protection, then it is worth opting for the Avast Antivirus.
For knowing deeply about the difference between Avast Free and Paid, you can move on to our detailed Avast Free vs Paid Comparison.
Overview to Avast Free vs Pro Antivirus
|Features||Avast Free Antivirus||Avast Free Antivirus|
|Suspicious Sites/Apps Blocking||Χ||✓|
Avast Free vs Paid Antivirus: Comparison of Features
To see what is difference between Avast Free and Pro, let’s have a look at the features supplied by these two antiviruses:
Features of Avast Free Antivirus
In this Avast Free vs Avast Pro guide, first, we will look at the features of the Free Avast Antivirus. The free antivirus of Avast is considered one of the best free antiviruses. It will have some powerful features that are enough for providing basic protection to a user.
- Blocking Malware: It is considered one of the best software for providing malware protection. Avast Free antivirus used 6 layer security and can identify both new and existing threats in real-time.
- Ransomware Protection: With the free antivirus of Avast, you are also provided with basic ransomware protection against threats in real-time.
- File/Apps Scanning: Avast comes with a tool named CyberCapture. This tool keeps a check on the various files and programs of your device. If it finds any issue with any file, it resolves those issues by taking that particular file to its cloud-based database.
- Wi-Fi Inspection: The free Avast antivirus also keeps a check on your Wi-Fi. It also alerts you if it finds something suspicious with your Wi-Fi connection.
- Add Free: It is one of the major features that separate it from other free antiviruses. Most of the antiviruses force you to watch ads if you want to avail of their service, but Avast is ads-free.
- Easy to Use: It is very easy to start working with Avast. It comes with a straightforward interface that can be used with ease.
- Supports Various Platforms: The Avast Free Antivirus can be used on various devices that are Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS.
Features of Avast Premium Security
Now, in this Avast Free vs Paid review, it’s time to have a look at the features of Avast paid antivirus.
Avast Premium Security includes all the features provided by the free antivirus software of Avast. Besides, it includes some advanced features that are:
- Advanced Firewall: Besides the 6 layer protection, this software also uses an advanced firewall for providing security against threats.
- Safe Banking: It keeps a check on the sites you are visiting for preventing you from fake websites. In this way, it helps you in securely initiating banking transactions.
- Sandbox: It is an amazing tool of Avast Premium Security. It lets you run any suspicious app in a safer environment before originally running it on your device.
- Secured Cam: The free Avast antivirus lacks this feature. However, the premium version can protect you against spyware by securing your Webcam.
- Permanent Deletion: With Avast Paid Antivirus, you can permanently delete any files and make them irrecoverable.
- Auto-Updating: Many outdated apps can also read about some major security-related issues. But Avast Premium Security updates all your outdated apps to their latest versions.
- Multi-Device Usage: The paid version of Avast also supports multi-device usage. You can use it on a maximum of 10 devices at a time.
So these are the major features of Avast Paid vs Free antivirus and this shows that for basic protection, Avast Free is good. However, if you want some advanced protection then you should opt for the paid ones. You can also look at Avast vs Norton comparison for knowing more about the Avast paid antivirus features.
Is it worth paying for Avast Antivirus?
So far in this Avast Pro vs Free comparison, we have discussed the features of these two antiviruses and now it’s time to make a verdict.
The Avast Free Antivirus comes with features related to basic protection. However, for enjoying the advanced features, you need to purchase its paid version. The price of the paid version of the Avast Antivirus is $34.99 for one license and $44.99 for 10 licenses.
So, Avast antivirus is worth your money if you opt for its multi-device plan. However, if you want an antivirus for a single device then it is recommended to opt for any of its alternatives.
Also Read: Avast VPN vs ExpressVPN
Avast Free versus Paid Antivirus: Related Queries
Is the Free version of Avast any good?
The free version of Avast is nice and comes with tools for basic malware protection. Rather than using any other antivirus, it is suggested to opt for the Avast free.
Which is better free antivirus or paid antivirus?
When it comes to Avast, both Avast antivirus free vs paid are good at their own space. For basic protection, you can choose the free version whereas for advanced protection you can spend some penny on the paid version.
Is Avast bad for your computer?
Avast is one of the most secured antiviruses and you can use it without affecting the performance of your device a bit.