A VPN takes care of your online security & privacy even though sometimes you may want to remove it from your iOS devices. The problem can be either your VPN is not working well or start creating network issues. So, if you are also facing such problems then you need to know how to remove VPN from iPhone as soon as possible.
Reasons To Remove VPN From iPhone 2023
Below are some of the situations when you can delete the VPN on iPhone,
- The VPN is disconnecting automatically
- Internet is not connecting after enabling VPN
- VPN app is crashing
- Can’t access to VPN server location
If you are into any of these situations then you must have to delete it immediately in consideration of your online security.
Remove VPN From iPhone – Easy Methods
Before you start the process it’s important to turn off VPN on iPhone and then start.
- Head towards the Settings of your iOS device.
- Click on General > VPN & Device Management.
- Here you will see the available VPN on your phone.
- Click on ‘i’ icon right in front of the VPN name to modify the VPN setting.
- Scroll down a bit & you will see the Delete VPN button, just tap on it.
- A confirmation message will be shown to you to confirm where you need to click on Delete.
- Wait for seconds to get the VPN deleted from iPhone.
Congratulations, VPN has been removed successfully from your iOS device.
This is one of the simplest ways to remove VPN from iPhone or iPad.
- Find the VPN app icon on your phone.
- Hold the app for a few seconds until you will see the small ‘x’ icon at the top right corner of the app.
- Click the small ‘x’ button and you will be asked if you really want to delete the app with the pop-up message.
- The VPN will be deleted with all of its configuration files and data from your phone.
Do I Need VPN On My iPhone?
A VPN has many different purposes but it all depends on the user’s needs and wants. You may need VPN to: –
Access Geo-Restricted Content
Most of the users use Virtual Private Network to access the restricted & blocked websites on the internet. By changing the IP address and your virtual location you can access the geo-restricted content easily.
Another major reason to use VPN on iPhone is for privacy & online anonymity. A good VPN changes your real IP address to some other location and makes your identity anonymous over the internet with complete privacy.
iPhone is capable of security even though VPN can better secure you from the prying eyes. It converts your online data in an encrypted form so that no one can read or access it.
Not new but VPN unblocks most of the streaming channels like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Hotstar, and many more. You can watch your favorite TV shows or movies from other countries while using VPN.
Avoids Data Throttling
Last but not the least, a good VPN can even help to increase the speed of your internet. Sometimes your ISP throttle the speed, wherein VPN hides your IP address. This way your internet service provider also can’t see your IP address and you enjoy the stable speed and connection.
So, no matter how bad your old VPN was you need to get a good VPN for your iPhone to enjoy all these benefits.
How To Remove VPN From iPhone – Verdict
There are dozens of VPN service providers available and each claiming to be the best. If your VPN is troubling you then you must need to remove it immediately before it starts creating some big problem.
As you delete the VPN from your iPhone then all the saved data and configuration files will be erased. You will no longer be able to use the VPN till you reinstall it on your phone.
You can remove VPN from iPhone 11, 12, XR, 7 by following the steps we have described in this guide.